So you use Yelp to find where to go to dinner. Or perhaps Rotten Tomatoes to help decide what movie to see? Trip Advisor to decide where to vacation? Every day you use the power of other people’s opinions, insights and experiences to make decisions. So why don’t our veterans have those same tools available to them when decided on where to go for healthcare, job opportunities, family assistance or education and training?
If you’re a rockstar product marketer and social media guru, Warrior Gateway is looking for you.
The Manager/Director of Product Marketing and Social Media is a broad role focused on the following:
- Evangelize the message of the Warrior Gateway
- Grow our visibility in the military community
- Support the strategic partnership team in developing and executing partnerships with other NGO and governmental organizations
- Lead our social media efforts
- Excellent writing, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to think beyond the traditional
- Resourceful, innovative, and forward-thinking
- Ability to meet deadlines and juggle several projects in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to work long hours when necessary
- Ability to be a team player
- Awareness and understanding of the landscape of the veteran community (including resources, non-profits, government support, etc.)
WarriorGateway.org is harnessing the power of crowd sourcing and collaboration to help today’s veterans make better decisions about what government program or non-profit organization to go to for help. The Warrior Gateway leverages the social dimension by encouraging these “voices of the veteran” to include ratings about the quality and effectiveness of those services and to include short comments and tips to help other community members decide where to go.
We are dedicated to empowering our veterans to share their experiences and help the overall community but also, give them a voice to highlight those programs and organizations that are not meeting their needs. Launched in March 2010, the Warrior Gateway is the only effort that is focused on providing these individuals with a forum to publically share their experiences. It’s about time our veterans had a voice.
If you’re interested in joining the team, please provide a cover letter along with your resume. In the cover letter, please tell us what inspires you about the Warrior Gateway and why you think you are the perfect applicant for this position. This is a key position and a unique opportunity to join a growing organization with a uniquely inspiring mission.
Email all applications with a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with Product Marketing and Social Media in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be looked at nor considered.