You will be the rockstar ninja guru technical frontman of the Warrior Gateway. Working hand in hand with our Director of Product Management, the two of you will take the Warrior Gateway platform to the next level and accomplish our mission. Here are the details:
Position: Director of Engineering
- Lead web application development of warriorgateway.org web portal
- Lead the development of our API & Platform strategy
- Work as part of agile team environment in a startup environment
- Able to take on tasks beyond your scope of responsibilities to achieve results
- Write code! You will be responsible for developing features when our consultants and/or pro-bono developers are not available.
- Deep experience with XML and related technologies
- Deep experience developing Mark Logic platform (i.e.; Elipse, XQuery, XPath)
- Browser-side client technologies including AJAX, HTML, CSS, cross-browser compatibility issues, performance and optimization techniques
- Experience with agile software development (i.e.; Scrum)
- Ability to manage and respond to changes in priorities
Nice to have:
- Understanding of search technologies
- Understanding of semantic web and thesaurus management systems
- Interested in working for a aggressive start up with a non-profit mission
- Interested in supporting veterans and wounded warriors; former military experience a plus
WarriorGateway.org is harnessing the power of crowd sourcing and collaboration to help today’s veterans make better decisions about what government program or non-profit organization to go to for help. The Warrior Gateway leverages the social dimension by encouraging these “voices of the veteran” to include ratings about the quality and effectiveness of those services and to include short comments and tips to help other community members decide where to go.
We are dedicated to empowering our veterans to share their experiences and help the overall community but also, give them a voice to highlight those programs and organizations that are not meeting their needs. Launched in March 2010, the Warrior Gateway is the only effort that is focused on providing these individuals with a forum to publically share their experiences. It’s about time our veterans had a voice.
If you’re interested in joining the team, please provide a cover letter along with your resume. In the cover letter, please tell us what inspires you about the Warrior Gateway and why you think you are the perfect applicant for this position. This is a key position and a unique opportunity to join a growing organization with a uniquely inspiring mission.
This position is based in Washington, DC. Unfortunately for non-local candidates, we cannot offer relocation at this time.
Email all applications with a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with Director of Engineering in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be looked at nor considered.